Last Updated August 12, 2020
The following describes how Rizestudent.com collects and processes your personal information:
1. What Personal Information does Rize Collect?
- Only the information that you provide to us through Rizestudent.com and when possible, we will have any documents containing sensitive information transmitted directly between the Rizer and Client.
- Rizer and Client reviews of Projects and the services we provided, although not all the information contained therein is shared or made public and is limited only to those specific items/questions/responses identified as shareable or publishable.
- When you visit Rizestudent.com, we collect and store your IP address, Registration Data (as defined in the Terms of Service) as well as any other information identified in the Terms of Service. If you visit from a mobile device, we may collect analytic data and information about your device, including, but not limited to IP address, clickstream, operating system version and type.
- We do not collect student education records other than what you agree to share as part of your profile and when possible, we will have Rizers share their transcript or other education records directly with a Client.
2. Why do we collect some personal information?
- Rizers. To facilitate marketing you and making your abilities, knowledge and goals visible to Clients.
- Clients. To ensure that Rizers applying for your Project have the abilities, knowledge and goals necessary for the successful completion of your Project.
- General. To personalize your experience at Rizestudent.com and allow for long-term relationship building between Rizers and Client through short-term Projects. Delivering Project opportunities and communications from Clients by email in accordance with your Registration Data and communication preferences.
3. What about Cookies?
By using Rizestudent.com to create an account, that will trigger a “session cookie” to be placed on your computer. These cookies are used to help identify you and your computer we re-visiting Rizestudent.com and help expedite the login process. You can remove this and other cookies through your browser preferences menu. Should you elect to disable cookies on your computer, please note that you will not be able to log into Rizestudent.com. If you visit from a mobile device, we may reference your device identifier or other information about where your visit originated. Additionally, our email communications contain or may in the future contain web beacons or similar technology which track when the email has been opened or read. This functionality sends the resulting records back to Rizestudent.com, which may be associated with other information you have provided us.
4. Does Rize share your personal information?
5. What Information can you access?
You can always access your personal profile information through your account and contact us about removing any information you no longer wish to be shared on Rizestudent.com.
6. What choice do you have?
As mentioned above and in the Terms of Service, you can choose what information you want to share; however, please be advised that failure to provide certain of the required information could make it difficult and/or impossible to provide you the full services and experience at Rizestudent.com.
Rizestudent.com does not market to or target any individual under the age of 18, and use of Rizestudent.com is limited to persons residing in the continental United States. Rize does not and will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children or individuals under the age of 18. If an individual under the age of 18 creates an account on Rizestudent.com, Rize, will, upon receiving current actual knowledge of such fact, delete such account as well as any Registered Data. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide any information on Rizestudent.com.
8. California Consumer Privacy Act
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to(i) opt-out of the sale of your personal information, (ii) know about personal information that is collected, disclosed or sold, (iii) request that we delete your personal information, and (iv) not to be discriminated against should you exercise these rights. Please contact Rize with any questions or issues at Rize@Rizestudent.com or in accordance with Section 23 of the Terms of Service.
9. Contact Rize
We are a student run company so we like to think that we share your same perspective and hope to provide you with valuable services and tools to assist in your professional development. However, if we are missing the mark, please feel free to contact us about anything and we will do our what we can to address your issues or concerns. Please contact Rize with any questions or issues at Rize@Rizestudent.com or in accordance with Section 23 of the Terms of Service.