Medical Social Media Strategic Developer
The Rizer will work to develop new marketing initiatives through social media posting, engagement, and ad targeting for Dr. Leithead’s practice at WhyWeight. Work is done remotely, but the student will visit in office (New Orleans) to collect content for brand development. The goal is to focus on building his personal brand by experimenting with different marketing tactics, emphasizing his day to day operations, and attracting potential customers. The posts should be simple, meaningful, and highlight Dr. Leithead’s relationships with his patients. The Rizer will gain amazing marketing experience and exposure to the medical world. The Rizer will:
- Develop a new marketing and social media strategy
- Meet at New Orleans the office once a week to create content, gather video footage, and experience Dr. Leithead’s days to day operations
- Create a plan of simple, yet diversified content (I.E highlights, stories, informational posts, testimonials, day to day operations, interviews etc…)
- Organize and schedule multiple posts a week using an app to ease execution
- Reuse content on multiple platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube)
- Create targeted ads to potential customers with weight loss insurance
- Engage users by posting relevant industry content
Dr. Leithead is looking for a Rizer who is eager to gain experience in marketing, plus mentorship and exposure in the medical field. The Rizer will have the opportunity to work closely and shadow Dr. Leithead. The ideal Rizer is someone who has some previous social media management and marketing strategy experience. The Rizer must be self-motivated, independent, and proactive. The Rizer must be proficient in creating content and simple video editing. The Rizer must be able to think outside of the box and experiment with Dr. Leithead’s brand development.
This project will result in the creation of a strategic marketing plan for Dr. Leithead to engage his audience and target potential customers through brand development on social media as well as targeted advertisements. The Rizer will have the opportunity to execute creative content creation ideas, posts, user engagement, AND gain exposure to the medical profession. The Rizer has the opportunity to make great connections within New Orleans and a lasting relationship with Dr. Leithead.
5 weeks, 8 hours a week, about 40 hours total Week 1: Onboarding and marketing strategy. Visit the office and create first week's content. Creating a content calendar and organizing posting schedule through use of an app. Week 2: Continue to create and post content. Visit the office for further development. Execute 1 targeted ad. Week 3: Continue to create and post content. Visit the office for further development. Execute 1 targeted ad. Week 4: Review, evaluate, and gain feedback on final marketing strategy with Dr. Leithead Week 5: Continue to create and post content. Visit the office for further development. Execute 1 targeted ad